The Fashion Month has ended pretty well – lets be clear on it – and we are already completely hooked on some amazing new trends. Please, we should not lie to ourselves, afterall, psychologists (and common sense) say that the worst blind the one that does not want to see the truth. And the truth is, obviously, this last AW18 series of shows has shed some light into a new wave of pastels running back and forth, a “carry as many handbags as you possible can” trend and a complete focus on hair accessories – from hair bands to banana clips.
We are here for the long run, but we need to also calm our predicting skills and live the actual moment. It’s March and we are almost touching the first Spring flowers and feeling the first summery breeze, right? It is a happy moment, since high collar sweaters and cashmere turtlenecks are currently paving the way for (still) shy plunging shirts but promising deep cut-offs in no time.
So, what should we expect to see from now on? Well, you can bet on asymmetrical designs to embellished statement pieces, from shoulders-length-earrings to bold necklaces, however, and you are a more down-to-earth style orientated kind of women, you are certainly going to love this Spanish based jewelry brand.
I am in love with it’s Durán Exquse, a young and brand segment of the brand, mainly characterized by being an accessible luxury segment, providing a more trend-focused design while still maintaining it’s Mediterranean roots. Durán Excuse SS18 collection is less raw, dazzling and “all eyes on me” kind of thing, however, simplicity – most of the times – outruns complexity and the pieces I’ve select are a perfect example of how you can mix literal trends and timeless elements.
1) Lavender Ring – Ultra Violet was pronounced as the color of the year by our fellow PANTONE, however, and due to fashion necessities, the pantone evolved for a more camera -friendly shade. Lavender is the most desirable hue right now, so why not include it on our jewelry identity?
2) Doubled ended bracelet – Still not being able to ignore this lavender calling, but being able to include a while touch. This bracelet has a really classic curvy, turning it – immediately – in a day-today piece.
3) My Valentine’s ring – In today’s jewelry novelties, it is amazing the range of rings that we are able to find (and love). However, people – most of the times – found it hard to choose a ring that can represent a connection your our other half (or because it too boring or because is to trendy). Nevertheless, people are divided quite frequently. But with no further due, behold your ring. A timeless piece with the right dose of fashionista deets.
4) Leave inspired necklace – this necklace has the perfect length when it comes to fully take advantage of our first chest show-off game. So, lets be real, what there is not to like about a golden and lavender touch to our entire outfit?
5) Silver wristlet – As a fragile piece, this is a remarkable light and easy to wear piece. It as a cosmic connection thanks to it’s stars all over, however, and by looking at it and just remember Chanel’s SS18 fashion show, where we spotted metallics, whites and plastics. Actually, this would go amazingly with a see-through gabardine.
6) Pendant earrings – Ok, we are still miles away from the most-seen statement earrings across Simone Rocha, Roksanda, Burberry, Erden, Marc Jacobs and even Top Shop, however, you are able to find the practical length and the color palette sensibility that we all are looking for.
7) Choker – We have left a season of pure madness over choker and it seems that Durán is here to extend it’s success. Besides, we are able to spot little pearls around it so you have a little of Chanel’s coveted taste as well. The presence of the bee just proves that you are sweet person.
8) Moon Ring – This is a type of ring that I honestly adore. Because it isn’t unified in the center it allows you to show a little more of your finger, giving it deeper length.The fact that is has a sort of “sailor moon” team makes me happy. It is for a true free spirit, that is a major true.